Wednesday 2 November 2011

About being Mindful


Jillian Michaels is a famous fitness coach thanks to 'The Biggest Loser' show. She has many different offerings to help people become fit emotionally and physically.

In her 'How to Build an Exceptional Life' workbook, I saw the following comment in one page that I read:

See every action and choice as a moral quest or personally defining moment. Don’t brush off smaller
moments in life, as they add up to our ultimate happiness — give every decision and action the respect it 
deserves. Once you think a choice through, you don’t have to contemplate it each time.


This is absolutely true. I've had some weight issues in my life but that's really because I wasn't being mindful of what I was eating. I would just eat because it felt good to eat. However, I made a conscious decision to pay attention to what I was eating, be mindful of what I was putting into my mouth, my stomach, my body.

Last night I had pizza and lo and behold, I had half of what I would normally have. I loved the pizza - the crisp crust, tasty toppings and the cheese but and here's the big thing, I didn't want another piece. I was happy with the one I had. My stomach / my body didn't need another. So, I stopped.

I was beyond thrilled. Be alive at the moment, make choices and after a while, it becomes automatic - you will choose the best for yourself because you want the best.

Have a great day, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment